Wiltshire Self Catering Holiday Cottage - Near Stonehenge in the heart of Salisbury Plain.
This charming cottage sleeps up to 6 people (+ cot) in 3 bedrooms, all with ensuite bathrooms
Enford House cottage is the perfect place for a relaxing break and a holiday in Wiltshire.
The cottage offers unique and comfortable self-catering accommodation:
The location makes the cottage a perfect base for exploring numerous places of interest (including Salisbury Cathedral, Stonehenge, Avebury , Bath & Longleat) and the setting, within a beautiful thatched walled garden, makes it ideal for those who want to relax, go for walks and visit the village pub or play table tennis in the games room
The cottage is child friendly and dog friendly - it is surrounded by the thatched wall and a gate that closes off the entrance. The cottage is a semi-detached wing of a Grade 2 listed 18th century vicarage (Enford House) and is a home away from home. With comfortable beds, good quality bed linen and towels, a well equipped kitchen, a lovely garden and a great pub 2 minutes’ walk away you can come here and relax and unwind with friends or family.
- 4 Star self catering accommodation
- Sleeps 6 (+ cot) in 3 bedrooms. Each bedroom has shower or bathroom and tv/dvd
- Spacious kitchen/dining room, living room and south facing patio area
- Thatched walled garden
- Games Room with Table Tennis Table
- Private parking
- WiFi (computers not provided)
- Good quality (cotton) bed linen and towels
Ideally situated for the following places of interest:
- Stonehenge and Avebury Stone Circles (World Heritage sites),
- Salisbury Cathedral, Old Sarum and the Medieval cities of Salisbury & Wilton
- Historic Market towns of Devizes, Pewsey, and Marlborough
- Kennet Canal
- Longleat House, Adventure Playground and Safari Park
- National Trust village of Lacock
- Plus lots of children’s activities including family friendly farms, Paultons Park (for Peppa Pig World) and many more - see our ‘Out and About’ page for more detail.
About the village:
The village of Enford is in the Avon Valley which runs through the middle of Salisbury Plain. Salisbury Plain is a plateau that stretches over a vast area (300 square miles) and Stonehenge is on the Plain. It means the village is totally surrounded by countryside and there are lots of places to walk or bicycle.
The village is on the River Avon and has 2 great local pubs. The Swan, which is 2 minutes’ walk, and The Red Lion, in the next door village of East Chisenbury, which is 2 minutes’ drive or a 20 minute walk. Both do good food and the Red Lion has a Michelin pub award for its food. There is no shop in the village itself but there are local shops in both neighbouring villages, major supermarkets in the local towns and all the supermarkets do delivery to the door.